Driving License in India is an official document that gives permission to its holder to drive their vehicles on public roads and highways. It is basically a mandatory document to be carried by all types of vehicle owners when they are on the road as per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. It serves as an Identity Card for the holder at multiple places like while appearing for any government exam, train travel Identity card check and various other places where government Identity proof is required. Driving License is given only to those who are trained drivers and validates their level of driving before issuing it.
Online Procedure for applying for Driving License
- Visit “https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/”
- Select the state from the drop-down for which you are applying the License. You will be redirected to the next page
3. Click on “Apply Online” and then Select “New Driving License”
4. A page like below will appear showing the details required
5. Click on Continue and Fill the details
Note :- Learner’s License is mandatory to apply for Driving License. In case you don’t have it, apply for Learner’s license first, by navigating the same link and Clicking on New Learner’s license.
6. After submitting the details, you will receive an SMS of application number.
7. You can schedule your learner’s license test according to your suitability by clicking on “Appointment for LL Test”
8. Appear for the learner’s license test with age proof and address proof document
9. Once you clear the test, you will receive the Driving License in a few days.
Also Read : Car Registration Charges in India
Documents Required while Applying for Driving License along with Form 9:
- Learner’s License
- Address proof i.e. Any one of the following documents Ration card, Passport, Electricity/phone/gas bill, Voter Id, Aadhar Card
- Age Proof: Any one of the following i.e PAN Card, School Matriculation Certificate, Voter id, Passport, Birth Certificate
- Driving school certificate (for transport vehicle driving license applicants).
- Documents related to the vehicle to be used for the driving test.
- Passport-sized photographs
Common Fields Included In A Driving Licence Form :
While filling the driving licence form there are various fields that need to be filled by an applicant. Listing down below the broad categories that are included Driving Licence Application Form.
- Type of vehicle
- Particulars of the Applicant
- Whether or not the applicant has held a driving licence in the past.
- If the applicant has been convicted while holding the current licence.
- If the applicant has been disqualified for obtaining a licence to drive.
- If the applicant has been subjected to a driving test for fitness or ability to drive a vehicle in respect of which a licence to drive is applied for.