Registration certificate (RC) is a mandatory official document validating that your vehicle is registered under the Government of India. It is equally important as a Driving License. Motor Vehicles Act 1988 has made it mandatory for all the vehicles to have a valid RC in order to hit the vehicles on the road.
An RC is valid till 15 years after issuance date and can be extended up to 5 years after expiry and getting renewal of the same.
In case your RC is lost/stolen/misplaced/torn, you can avail a new RC by following the below-mentioned steps:
- An FIR at the nearest police station is mandatory where the RC was lost
- An application for duplicate RC should be filed and Form 26 would be received against it for filling
- Signature of financier of the vehicle is required if the vehicle was purchased on loan
- Form 26 and the complaint letter has to be submitted in RTO office where you have got your original RC
Documents Required for Duplicate RC
- Form 26
- FIR copy of the police station
- In the case of torn RC, original copy of RC is required
- Tax payment details of last 4 quarters are required
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the financier
- Valid Pollution Under Control (PUC)
- Copy of Insurance Certificate
- Copy of Address Prof
- Challan clearance from traffic police (Private vehicles)
- Challan clearance from enforcement wing Transport Department in case of commercial vehicles
- Tax clearance from Accounts Department in case of commercial vehicles
- Copy of PAN Card / form 60 & form 61
- Chassis & Engine Pencil Print
- Signature Identification of owner
- Affidavit stating that RC is lost and has not been impounded
How to apply duplicate RC online ?
Below mentioned are the steps for the application of duplicate RC via online mode:
- Navigate to parivahan sewa website
- Fill the application form after entering the information of police FIR and Vehicle Insurance
- A nominal service fee would be levied with the application form. The amount of the fee varies on the category of motor vehicle you possess.
- After successful payment, a receipt would be generated which needs to be submitted at the governing transport office along with other documents
For Delhi & Sikkim State yo have to follow the steps below for duplicate RC online :-
1) Valid e-Mail ID and Mobile number for Account Creation.
2) Valid Vehicle Number, Chassis Number and Mobile Number for OTP verification.
3) Valid details about payment modes like Internet banking and Debit/Credit Card details for making online payments.
Steps to Avail any Vahan Online Service
- Register yourself using your e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Activate your account via an activation link along with OTP that will be sent to your email id.
- After activation set your password.
- After activating user you can avail vehicle related services through “ONLINE SERVICES” menu
- Enter Valid Vehicle Registration Number and click on Generate OTP
- Select the Service to be availed by Clicking the respective Service
- Enter further details as per the form displayed e.g. Data Entry, Insurance Details, Appointment Details, documents Upload & Fee payment.
- Book Appointment (if applicable) to visit RTO for verification process
- Once Payment Done, Print Receipt.
- Visit to Respective RTO with required documents except for the services Pay your tax, RC Particulars
For Other States
- Enter Valid registration Number and proceed
- For Duplicate RC follow the second link