Have you ever thought about the time when someone got you into an accident and left abruptly? Or someone who just didn’t bother about the Ambulance and overtakes it causing the major problems to the one who is in the Ambulance? Or someone driving so rashly when there is no traffic police that the rest of the people were in great danger? If yes, then what was your thought process after that? To make the driving person realize his/her mistake and the question that hits your mind always is how? How should I find the Vehicle Owner details?
Well, there is a great solution to it which was introduced by the Ministry of Road, Transport, and Highways in 2011, called VAHAN. Vahan is a process that requires just the registration number of the vehicle to reach out to the owner of the vehicle and get his required details. There are approximately more than 25 crore vehicles registered under Vahan and more and more are being registered every day. Vahan works by collecting data and information about the vehicle owner by a vehicle registration certificate, driving licenses registered at RTO and DTO offices across the country, compiling it, and giving the results as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Also Read : CSD Car Price
Table of Contents
Owner’s Details Available from the Vahan website
- Date of Registration
- Owner’s name
- Model of the vehicle as well as manufacturer of the vehicle
- Engine Number
- Fuel Type
- Vehicle insurance details
- Emission Standards
- Registration Certificate Status
- PUC or Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Financer’s number
- Chassis number
- Motor Vehicle tax validity details
- Vehicular Fitness Duration
Also Read : How to Pay Traffic Challan Online in Delhi?
How to find owner details of a vehicle on the Vahan Website?
- Visit the website https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces/user/login.xhtml
- Click on “Know Your Vehicle Details” on the upper tab.
- Now, on the redirected page enter the vehicle number and verification code.
- Click on “Vahan Search”
- You will get all the above-mentioned details about the Vehicle Owner.
How to find Vehicle Registration Details with an SMS?
- Type VAHAN <space> Registration Number of the Vehicle
- Send that message to contact number 7738299899
- You will receive a message back stating the details of the owner, registration certificate validity, fuel type of the vehicle, manufacturer details, etc.
Also Read : How to Apply for a Driving License Online?
Is Vahan useful for other things?
Yes, absolutely. Vahan is useful for a number of things other than finding out details about the owner of the vehicle, and these are mentioned below:
- You can use Vahan website, in case you forgot your vehicle documents at home and the traffic police needs to check them.
- Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways are interested in converting the paper carrying trend into the digitally enable one, so the Vahan website helps the government achieve its target.
- You can use Vahan when you are going to different states and till the time you are not getting the NOC or No Objection Certificate from RTO Office.
Why do we need Vahan at all?
This comes in the mind of nearly everyone, that why do I even need the Vahan website? Yes, there are a lot of reasons why you should have the Vahan website working for you. The much-needed reasons are mentioned below:
- Accident: If you have an accident unfortunately, and the damages are too much, in addition to that, the other party is in conflict with you, you can definitely trace the owner vehicle with Vahan.
- Hit and Run Case: You can find all the necessary information about the hitting vehicle and its owner through the number plate via Vahan, as easily as possible in a Hit and Run Case.
- Second-Hand Vehicle: On the Vahan website, crosscheck all the details of the party you are dealing with and rest assured that you are purchasing the right vehicle from the right owner without any hassle.
- No-Objection Certificate: RTOs in the whole country can now access your data through a centralized database on Vahan. Also, the registration certificates are also known to be valid or not while searching details on Vahan. Hence, you can be relieved to present NOC for your vehicle to RTO.
Also Read : What is IDV in car insurance
Frequently Asked Questions:
To safeguard and protect the privacy of every individual, the home address is not mentioned on the Vahan website, only the basic owner and his/her vehicle details are available.
No, you will not be able to access the details of the Vehicle owner through the contact number or Pan Card or Aadhar Card. Only, the registration details can help you get the information for the Vehicle owner.
Yes, sure. You can search the auto-rickshaw owner details on Vahan with the same procedure of entering the registration details and get the desired information easily.
You can go on the Vahan website, click on “Know your Vehicle Details” and then enter all the required details to know your registration certificate status and details.